- All national deliveries will be ‘Economy’ which is 3 -5 days from despatch and delivered on a pallet using a tail lift lorry with a hand pump truck. (No crane facilities)
- Delivery is free on all bulk orders over £130when delivered via our national delivery network within mainland UK (excluding Saturdays- £25 additional charge)
- All offshore destinations will be subject to a delivery surcharge.
- Delivery service has delivery times between 9.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. and. This is termed as an ‘Open Booking’ with no time specified, just the day that you have selected for delivery
- Saturday delivery is available at an additional charge of £25 per pallet, but orders must be received by Tuesday 3 p.m. otherwise it will be delivered the following Saturday. NB Saturday deliveries WILL NOT BE BOOKED IN, they will just appear on your chosen day, but it should be in the morning as Saturdays are half day working.
- In the event of a customer agreeing to a delivery and not being at home during the agreed time period, or there not being a safe place to leave the goods, a redelivery charge of £15 per pallet will be made.
- Delivery drivers are not expected to manoeuvre the pallet beyond the rear of the vehicle but will risk assess each delivery and always be as helpful as possible where conditions allow.
- In the event of a delivery not being possible due to poor access or gravel drive then the delivery will have to be “kerbside” (i.e. left as near to the property as possible).
- All goods must be checked on arrival and delivery paperwork signed unless prior agreement has been made with the delivery company to leave the goods at the property at which point these will be left at the customer’s risk.
- On making a bulk purchase, once delivered the pallet on which the product is delivered automatically becomes the property of the purchaser.
- Any delivery issues must be reported immediately to Firewood Fund.
- In the event of any dispute, resulting in the goods being returned to Firewood Fund, payment will be refunded to the customer less the relevant charges.
- Lead times may extend during busy periods.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How will my order be delivered?
Your order will be delivered from a 7.5 ton truck (as pictured above). If you have an extremely narrow road or difficult access, we recommend flagging this on the order form. Upon receiving the order we will check to see if there is likely to be a problem and if so contact you right away.
2. What happens if access isn’t not possible?
If access isn’t possible, a refund will be provided minus our costs incurred in delivering and collecting the order.
3. Delivery days:
Please note we ONLY deliver on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday , Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Weekday delivery is free for orders over £130 and Saturday is an additional £25 charge.
4. When will my order be delivered?
One time purchase orders: We will endeavour to deliver on the day you select when you checkout. After your order has been placed we will email you confirming the delivery date (usually within 24 hours).
Subscription orders: Delivery will take place the first working day of your selected delivery month (unless we are informed otherwise). We will email you two weeks before your delivery month as a reminder.
5. What time will my order arrive?
Your order will arrive some between 9am – 5pm on your delivery day. We are not able to provide an arrival time-slot, however drivers will try to call in advance to say they are en-route.
6. Do I need to be at home/sign for my order?
No, you do not have to be at home or sign for the delivery. The delivery driver will attempt to leave your order in a safe place as per any specific placement instruction provided when you ordered. Please note the delivery service is only contracted to leave at the kerbside.
7. What happens if there is a problem?
Should you have any problem or are unsatisfied in any way, contact us and we will make it our priority to put things right.